We offer members meaningful volunteer opportunities to help guide and advance the profession within CPA Ontario. Match your interests and skill sets at every stage of your CPA journey by supporting our work through boards, committees, student development and other initiatives.Volunteering is a chance to do valuable work, give back to your communities and to create a strong CPA network.
Volunteer with us
Join one of CPA Ontario’s programs or committees.Unless applicants indicate otherwise, resumes will be kept on file for two years. For committee applicants, only those short-listed will be contacted.
- must be a member in good standing
- experience filing tax returns is an asset
June 6, 2022
Help students work towards their CPA designation by volunteering as a panel member for the final assessment of the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) Capstone 1 Oral Board Report.
CPA Ontario Members in good standing can volunteer for presentation days in July (2 & 3) and earn CPD hours. Presentations will be conducted virtually. Volunteers will be required to assess presentations, conduct Q&A sessions, complete evaluation forms, and provide feedback to students. All volunteers will be asked to commit for at least one full day.
- must be a member in good standing with CPA Ontario
- must not be a Capstone 1 session leader or facilitator
Submit Your Application
- must be a member in good standing, in a public accounting practice that includes audit, review and compilation engagements
- member must hold a Public Account Licence
The Committee is appointed by CPA Ontario’s Council and is comprised of volunteer members of the profession and public representatives.
To find out more, please contact the PCC Recruitment team.
Public representative positions are also available.
Eligibility for members of the profession:
- a member in good standing with CPA Ontario having seven or more years of post-qualification experience.
- occupy a senior role and/or have extensive and demonstrable knowledge of any (or all of) technical accounting, taxation, and assurance subject matter expertise
- a senior manager, director, partner (or equivalent) role in a CPA firm whose clientele includes a variety of assurance, accounting and/or tax engagements
- a senior financial professional and/or executive
Eligibility for non-members of the profession:
- a non-member, with prior experience serving on a Board (or equivalent Committee), ideally within a regulatory or compliance environment.
- member in good standing
- must not sit on any other standing or advisory committee of CPA Ontario simultaneously
- must be with a practising office that is registered and in good standing with CPA Ontario.
- the criteria for classification as a small and medium practice include:
- practice structures ranging from sole practitioners to larger, multi-partner, non-national firms (members from national firms do not qualify)
- practices that provide public accounting services and/or accounting services to the public as defined by CPA Ontario’s By-law
There are volunteer positions within four committees which comprise the CPA Ontario’s Adjudicative Tribunals:
- Administration and Registration Committee
- Discipline Committee
- Appeal Committee
- Capacity Committee
Committee members will be appointed for a one-year term and will be eligible for reappointment for a maximum of three additional three-year terms. CPA Ontario Council may extend the maximum term of a Committee member in extraordinary circumstances. Visit our page on the different committees for more information.
- must be a member in good standing with no outstanding discipline actions against them
- relevant adjudicative experience is an asset
Committee members shall generally be representative of CPA Ontario’s membership by occupation and geographic location and shall include public accounting licensees.
If you are a member of the public who wishes to volunteer, please email [email protected] and we will provide you with the necessary information.
CPAs interested in volunteering can be added to our volunteer database by completing the survey below. Our CPA Ontario Student Recruitment Team will reach out when relevant volunteer opportunities become available.
Thank you for your interest. Our volunteer page is under construction, but we want to hear from you! Please email us at [email protected]