About CPA Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring our members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. We attract people who share our values and believe in our purpose - those of exceptional ethical character who do the right thing not just because it’s paramount but because it’s also in their nature. We support our members and students to ensure they meet our profession’s standards and embrace our code of conduct.
We serve and support 99,000 members and 21,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academia. As the governing provincial body of a self-regulating profession, we play multiple roles.
Our core values
Our values and behaviours are key to CPA Ontario’s culture and are reflected in the work we do, how we treat each other and how we represent ourselves.
- Think and act with a student- and member-first mindset while protecting the public interest.
- Always strive for the highest levels of professionalism.
- Be open-minded and nimble as we adapt to an evolving environment.
- Strive for personal accountability in everything we do.
- Act with integrity at all times, in all situations.
- Adopt a "one company" mindset, collaborating across functional lines.
- Align activities and efforts to focus on results and outcomes.