Requirements for Legacy CGA Students who Transitioned into the CPA PEP
Am I a legacy CGA student who has transitioned into the CPA PEP?
You fall under this category if you:
- registered prior to September 1, 2015 with CGA Ontario and completed part of the educational component of the CGA program.
- you transitioned into the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP).
- you have maintained your status as an active student by paying the CPA Ontario Annual Student Fee (ASF).
Once you have completed all the requirements by the deadlines indicated below, you may be eligible for the CPA designation. For more information, refer to Regulation 6-1.
Degree conferral, by the earliest of:
- June 30, 2020, or
- By the start date of Capstone 1
Submitting Your Proof of Degree
To submit your proof of degree, have your official transcript(s) showing degree conferral mailed directly from your post-secondary institution in a sealed envelope to:
Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
69 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1B3
Attention: Transcript Assessments & Registration
Completion of CPA PEP by the earliest of:
- June 30, 2022, or
- Six years from the start date of your first CPA PEP module
Completion of the CPA certification program, by the earliest of:
- June 30, 2023, or
- Seven years from the start date of their first PEP module
- If you are reporting your practical experience in PERC, you must complete your practical experience by September 1, 2018; otherwise you will be transitioned to the CPA Practical Experience Requirements (CPA PER) and the Practical Experience Reporting Tool (PERT).
- Any legacy experience completed and reported in PERC by September 1, 2018 will be recognized until June 30, 2022, provided all other CPA program requirements have been met.
Applying for Membership
Once you have completed all the education, practical experience and degree requirements, you may apply for membership.