Legacy CGA Practical Experience Requirements
If you didn't meet the legacy CGA practical experience requirements, determine your next steps below.
- Review the CPA Competency Requirements
- Log in to the Practical Experience Reporting Tool (PERT) and create your profile.
- Submit a Pre-assessment Request in PERT.
- If you have not done so, find a CPA Ontario approved mentor:
- ask your current verifier to be your mentor; or
- request a mentor via the CPA Mentor Match Portal by emailing us.
- Add your mentor to your PERT profile.
- Submit your Prior Experience Report in PERT:
- Past experience reported in legacy CGA PERC does not automatically transfer to PERT. A maximum of 12 months of prior experience can be claimed, provided you demonstrated at least one Level 1 proficiency. Only work experience at the professional level can be recognized in PERT.
Visit our helpful resources
We've compiled handy resources to help you learn more about CPA Ontario’s Practical Experience RequirementsTake me there
Select one of the following numbers to provide feedback about this page: 1 is Not Satisfied, 2 is Indifferent, and 3 is Satisfied.