Practical Experience Resource Centre
At a glance
- Practical Experience Requirements (PER) Start Date
- The Introduction to PE Video Series
- Documenting your Pre-registration Work Term
- How to Report in PERT: EVR Video Series
- How to Report in PERT: PPR Video Series
- PERT Guide for Future CPAs
- Chargeable Hours Form – EVR Students in Firm Environment Reporting in PERT
- Chargeable Hours Form - Students in External Audit (PERT Only)
- Developing Your Enabling Competencies Using the CPA Way
- The CPA Way
CPA Ontario provides CPA Ontario Students and Mentors with regular webinars and events to support them as they complete their practical experience and mentoring journeys. Explore upcoming webinars and events below and get your questions ready. Check back often for new webinar and event announcements.
Our Employer Relations officers answer student-submitted frequently asked questions. Topics range from PERT Reporting, Technical & Enabling Competencies, and Mentorship.
This webinar is for students, mentors and program leaders who want to learn more about Practical Experience. It covers key milestones, reporting in PERT and building a strong relationship between mentors and mentees.
Hosted by CPA Ontario reviewers, this webinar covers the technical competency requirements by sub-competency area. Our reviewers have outlined what they look for in technical competency responses when reviewing Experience Verification Route student assessments in PERT.
Watch our webinar, hosted by Garth Sheriff CPA, CA, that will educate you on how to formally write your enabling competency responses in PERT using the CPA Way Model. You will also see examples of submissions, and learn the difference between a Level 1 vs. a Level 2 response.