Accessibility and Accommodation
CPA Ontario provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who have documented disabilities (physical, mental or learning impairments) within the definition provided by the Human Rights Code, and those with documented religious restrictions or requirements.
To submit an Accommodation Service Request, log in to My Portal, click on Obligations and Requests and select Student Requests.
Accommodation requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis to ensure equal opportunity for individuals to fully demonstrate their qualifications without altering the nature or level of the qualification being assessed. We consider each case after carefully reviewing the submitted documentation; however, submitting a request does not guarantee receiving accommodation.
Accommodations are provided to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly on all evaluations.
Accommodations may include, but are not limited to:
- providing a quiet room with minimal distractions
- permitting timed rest breaks during the exam
- providing enlarged font on the exam question and answer papers
- allowing a medical device in the examination room, such as an inhaler or diabetic equipment (if not attached to the individual’s body)
- increasing time permitted for the examination
To request an accommodation, submit all of the required forms and information at least 10 weeks before the examination. This allows for sufficient time to review the application and, if necessary, request additional information and receive it from the individual. Applications submitted closer to the examination date run the risk of being denied. We may accept applications up to two weeks before the examination date in exceptional circumstances, such as in the event of an accident or for compassionate reasons.
Instructions for submitting an Accommodation Application
You can find accommodation application forms and additional information on CPA Canada's accessibility and accommodation requests page. Follow the submission instructions outlined on each request form. You will receive an email upon receipt of your application.
If your accommodation request is approved:
- Enrol for each exam you plan to write in the first week of the enrolment period.
- Immediately after enrolling, contact our accommodations team to confirm your accommodations. Ensure you do this in the first week of the enrolment period.
If you have further questions, please contact our accommodations team.