How to Become an Examination Invigilator
CPA Ontario is looking to contract members to monitor our examinations, which include the Professional Education Program (PEP) examinations, Preparatory Courses (PREP) examinations and the Common Final Examination (CFE).
Contracted individuals will act as either presiding officers or IT support workers at one of CPA Ontario’s examination centres in the following cities:
- Sault Ste. Marie
- Thunder Bay
Presiding officers will help at the registration desk, assist in the distribution and collection of examination papers, and monitor students to ensure they are in accordance with the exam rules and regulations. Presiding officers will be paid $175 per examination session.
IT support workers will assist students who have issues with the examination software before and throughout the examination.
IT proctors must have strong computer skills, be familiar with Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and have the ability to troubleshoot basic computer issues.
IT support workers will be paid $300 per examination session.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team or alone as required.
- Ability to work to predetermined instructions.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Available to work outside of normal business hours and is comfortable spending long periods of time pacing, standing or sitting.
Applicants may NOT
- Work, or intend to work for an organization that is a part of, or is affiliated with, the educational requirements for a CPA designation; or
- Have a family member or a business relationship with a student, enrolled in a CPA Ontario module, or enrolled in a CPA Ontario examination.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online mandatory training session and sign a confidentiality agreement.
Interested applicants who meet our criteria should send their resume to [email protected]. CPA Ontario will contact new applications as space permits.