University Graduate - Conditional (Degree Student) Registration

As part of the CPA Ontario student registration process, you will have the option of choosing the University Graduate – Conditional (Degree Student) category.

You should apply under this category only if you are currently enrolled in a full-time degree program at a post-secondary institution (university or college) with at least one year of full-time studies completed (this includes students completing co-ops, work terms or internships) and want to start recording relevant practical experience. You may be registered in this category on a conditional basis for a maximum of seven years.

Not sure if this is the right category for you? Take our quiz and we can help point you in the right direction.

How do I register as a University Graduate - Conditional?

Sign up

Sign up through My Portal.

Select registration category

Select the registration category ‘University Graduate - Conditional (Degree Student)’.

Submit application

Submit a student registration application and complete the character/bankruptcy declarations.

Upload proof

Upload a proof of legal name document.

Submit documents

Submit a current dated proof of enrolment letter and an unofficial transcript from your post-secondary institution by email to our team.

What do I need to know?

Do I need to submit a transcript assessment application?

You do not need to submit a transcript assessment application if you are in your first, second or third year of your degree. A transcript assessment application should be submitted when completing your final semester in your fourth or final year. You will be required to submit your official transcripts once you have conferred your degree. If you are in your final semester, you should select the registration category ‘University Graduate’.

Note: If you intend to register and enrol in either the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP) or the CPA Preparatory courses, you will first need a completed transcript assessment. You will need to complete a 120 credit-hour or equivalent degree before starting CPA PEP.

What is proof of enrolment?

Proof of enrolment is a letter detailing your full-time enrolment for the current term. You can generate this letter from your post-secondary institution’s online student portal free of cost.

How long does it take to process my application?

Student registration applications typically take 10 business days once we receive all documents and payment. Processing times will take longer during peak times or if there are any character or bankruptcy declarations.

You will receive a confirmation email once you have been approved.

How much does it cost to register?

Once you have completed your application for student registration, you will pay:

  • Annual Student Dues (ASD) of $340 + GST/HST
  • Student Registration fee of $125 + GST/HST

The registration fee and ASD are non-refundable. Visit Annual Student Dues for more information.

Access to Records Policy

For more information on how to access your records, please see our Access to Records Policy.

Appeal rights

A decision of the Registrar not to register or reregister an individual as a student or to deregister a student, may be appealed by the individual or student to the CPA Ontario Admission and Registration Committee. The parties to an appeal are the individual appealing and the Registrar. The appeal shall be conducted in accordance with CPA Ontario’s Rules of Practice and Procedure. The decision of the Admission and Registration Committee is final.