CPA Ontario Write to Ignite
Write to Ignite is an annual competition that provides members of our High School Ambassador Program (HAP) a chance to win the top prize of $600 plus a $75 e-gift card for their teacher and a plaque for their class. New this year, we are changing the Write to Ignite competition to a slideshow competition! Slideshows are a fundamental tool to communicate idea's in today’s business world. Show us your opinions with your creative side in this competition.
2022-2023 theme: Make a pitch to the CEO of your favourite company about a change you would like to see.
Competition opens October 3, 2022 and closes February 19, 2023.
Teacher Random Draw Prize: $100 e-gift card
For every entry submitted by a student, their teacher will have their name entered into a draw. The more students that participate, the higher the chance the teacher has of winning!
Submission guidelinesEach slideshow is opinion based but must be supported by research and include references.
Slideshow format requirements
- Title page that includes the following:
- student name
- HAP ID number
- student email address and phone number
- school name and address
- teacher name and email address
- Any slideshow program is permitted (some examples include PowerPoint, Google Slides, Prezi and Beautiful AI).
- Be a maximum of 8 slides including the title slide and bibliography (6 slides of content).
- Be a maximum of 50 words on each slide (excluding bibliography) and a maximum of 50 words in the notes section.
- Bullet points may be used.
- Videos are not permitted in the slideshow.
- Do not include any music, photos or other creative content that is copyrighted by another owner. If you include copyrighted materials that belong to another owner, you will be disqualified from the competition.
- Full bibliography and in text citations using MLA style guidelines.
- creativity and originality
- clarity and language
- spelling and grammar
- research and referencing (bibliography)
- adherence to the slideshow theme
The winners will be contacted directly by CPA Ontario and asked to fill out a Declaration and Assignment (or have their guardian fill it out if they are under 18) in order to claim their prize.