You are considered educated outside of Canada if you're an internationally educated professional seeking to become a CPA in Ontario.
Beginning of Main Content
BECOME A CPA
We are temporarily accepting unofficial documents for transcript assessment to ease the administrative burdens to COVID-19. To learn more, please see our COVID-19 Transcript Assessment FAQs.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT ASSESSMENT REQUEST?
You can submit your transcript assessment request if you:
- have been awarded a degree from a post-secondary institution (official transcripts required).
- have completed your degree requirements and have not yet been awarded your degree (unofficial transcripts accepted until a degree has been awarded).
- are completing your final semester at a post-secondary institution (unofficial transcripts accepted until a degree has been awarded).
- are registering under the Mature or Conditional Mature Registration category.
Do not submit a transcript assessment request at this time if you are:
- a first, second or third year post-secondary student.
- a student in an Ontario CPA-accredited program.
- an internationally trained accountant.
- a previously deregistered student (email [email protected] for next steps)
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Before you submit your transcript, make sure you have all the required documents and information outlined below:
- Proof of legal name
- A course-by-course credential evaluation carried out by World Education Services (WES) through their International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP)
- Course syllabi for the programs completed (if available)
- Supplemental documentation for academic assessment(s)
- Supplemental documentation for any criminal offences**
- Supplemental documentation for bankruptcy**
*Effective January 1, 2020, a WES ICAP evaluation will be required.
**Only required if submitting a combined application otherwise this will be required upon Student Registration.
The fee for your transcript assessment is $150 (plus HST) and you will receive your results via email within six to eight weeks for international transcripts. Transcript assessment results are valid for one year from the date of the assessment results letter. Once you have completed the online application, an official transcript from all post-secondary institutions you attended must be sent directly from Registrar’s Office, in a sealed envelope, to:
Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
130 King Street West, Suite 3400
PO Box 358
Toronto, ON M5X 1E1
Attn: CPA Ontario Transcript Assessments & Registration
Already Registered? Sign In Here
SIGN UP FOR A FREE INFO SESSION
The CPA designation is your key to unlocking new opportunities and future-proofing your career. Sign up for a free info session today and learn how the globally recognized CPA designation will enhance your career.