Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), UK
To be eligible for admission as a CPA, CMA, members of CIMA, UK must meet the following requirements:
- Be a member in good standing of CIMA, UK;
- Have qualified as a professional accountant by completing the entire CIMA program of studies;
- Have started the CIMA program of studies prior to immigrating to Canada;
- Have not previously attempted and failed a CMA Canada qualifying examination; and
- Have two years of relevant experience at the managerial level (five years of experience at the managerial level are required for candidates who do not have a university degree).
How to Register
The following documents must be submitted to CPA Ontario:
- Application for Membership – Mutual Recognition Agreement Candidates;
- Letter of good standing from CIMA, UK;
- Transcript from CIMA, UK showing program started prior to immigrating to Canada;
- Proof of legal name. Satisfactory evidence of legal name includes a copy of any one of the following: birth certificate or equivalent government-issued documentation, passport, both sides of a Canadian citizenship certificate card, both sides of a permanent resident card, or landed immigrant papers. If the name under which you are applying for membership is different from that which appears on your educational documents or on the document submitted as proof of legal name, a copy of the document supporting the change of legal name, endorsed with “this is a certified true copy” signed and dated, is required;
- University transcript showing conferral of recognized degree (if applicable);
- A chronological resume showing the positions you held, the start and end dates, and your roles and responsibilities; and
- If you have immigrated to Canada, documentation to support the date you immigrated (Permanent Resident card, passport stamp(s), etc.).
Please note that the letter of good standing and the transcript must be originals or emailed directly to CPA Ontario from CIMA, UK.
All documentation must be provided in English. You are responsible to have documents officially translated if necessary. Your application will not be considered complete until all information and documentation has been received. It is your responsibility to ensure the application is complete and accurate, and is received by the Registrar.
Submit your application via email or regular mail to the following addresses. Information completed via affidavit and containing a notary or commissioner stamp or seal must be submitted in original form via regular mail.
Mail: 69 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON M4W 1B3 Attn: CPA Ontario Registrar’s Office
Individuals applying for membership are required to remit the fees indicated below. The fee amount includes HST and must be remitted by credit card or by cheque made payable to Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario. The total fee consists of the following:
|$770.00||Total Fee Before Taxes|
|$100.10||HST (HST # 10750 8525)|
|$870.10||Total Fee Due with Application|
For more information please contact ITAregistration@cpaontario.ca