Write to Ignite is a semi-annual essay competition that provides members of our High School Ambassador Program (HAP) a chance to win the top prize of $500 plus $100 for their high school business department.
Theme: The next Write to Ignite theme will be launched March 1 2021
Timeline: March 1, 2021 - April 12, 2021
1st: $500 + $100 for school business department
Teacher Prize: $100 e-gift card
This essay is opinion based but must be supported by research and include references.
Essay format requirements:
- Title page that includes the following: student name, HAP ID number, student email address, school name and address, teacher name and email address
- Typed, 12-point font
- Arial font
- Double spaced
- 1-inch margins
- Include page numbers
- Provide a full bibliography using MLA style guidelines
Your essay will be assessed on:
- Creativity and originality
- Clarity and language
- Spelling and grammar
- Adherence to the essay theme
- Send your essay by email to [email protected] with the subject line "Write to Ignite entry”
- Your essay should be written and saved as a Word or PDF document and submitted as an email attachment
- Make sure to include your full name and HAP ID in the body of the email
For complete contest details, see Rules and Regulations.
Any questions, please contact [email protected].
Congratulations to the Fall 2020 Write to Ignite winners
Theme: What business or business concept has thrived in 2020, and why?
1st Place $500 - Adam Conn, Oakville
Leisure Gardening: A Growing Business Concept in 2020
2nd Place $250 - Tanya Lu, Mississauga
ThredUP: An Unlikely Beneficiary of COVID-19
3rd Place $100 - Maria Barbosa, Kanata
2020: The Year of Uncertainty and E-commerce