- Protection of the public interest is at the core of our profession.
Beginning of Main Content
Stewardship of the Profession
Protecting the public interest. Serving our members and students
Our Primary Purpose is to Protect the Public Interest
CPA Ontario enforces the highest professional and ethical standards, provides guidance for Canada’s business leaders and supports the continuing development of its members and students.
Learn About the Oversight of Ontario Chartered Professional Accountants
- Practising accountants in Ontario: members, firms and licensed public accountants
- Processes that ensure the public’s trust in Ontario CPAs, including complaints handling, disciplinary action, rigorous inspection and continuing professional development
- Guidance, research and articles highlighting CPA Ontario’s point of view and setting of new directions in the profession
- Governance, including the Council of CPA Ontario, the CPA Code of Professional Conduct and the other bylaws and regulations that ensure effective stewardship of the profession
The CPA Code of Professional Conduct
The CPA Code of Professional Conduct ("CPA Code") is derived from the five fundamental principles of ethics: professional behaviour, integrity and due care, objectivity, professional competence and confidentiality.Learn More
CPAs are recognized around the world for their professional standards and expertise.