CPA ONTARIO CONVOCATION GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN: The CPA Ontario Convocation Giveaway (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (“CPA Ontario” or the "Sponsor"). The Contest starts at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 16, 2023 and closes at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 21, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). All references in these rules (the “Official Rules”) are to Eastern Time. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Ontario who at time of entry and at the Contest Closing Date (see rule 3) (a) have reached the age of majority in their province of residence.. Employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective and promotional agencies, or the independent contest organization, if any, (the Sponsor and such entities, collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), members of any such person’s immediate family (regardless of where such family members live) and persons with whom such persons reside (whether related or not) are ineligible to enter or win. “Immediate family” is defined as (a) spouses or domestic partners, and (b) parents, siblings, and children and their respective spouses and domestic partners.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period:
-Follow CPA Ontario’s Instagram account
-Post a photo on Instagram celebrating convocation with #CPAOCelebrates in the caption
-Tag @CPAOntario in the post.
The entrant’s Twitter or Facebook account does not have to be set to public. Entrants may enter the Contest multiple times but will not be eligible to win more than once. Entries that do not satisfy the requirements set out in these Official Rules may be removed and are ineligible for entry into the Contest. Entries must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM ET on June 21, 2023 (the “Contest Closing Date”). Any attempt to enter in any manner other than as set forth in these Official Rules, will not constitute a valid entry. Use of any automated system to enter, or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification.
4. PHOTO FORMAT AND CONTENT
i. Must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain any nude, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content;
ii. Must be intended for family audience viewing and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons, including persons under the age of 13;
iii. Must not contain any language suggesting or encouraging illegal activity;
iv. Must be submitted only once;
v. Must not contain any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands, logos or copyright, other than those of the Sponsor, or anything that infringes or that may infringe anyone’s rights, including intellectual property rights;
vi. Must be in jpg or png format;
vii. Must be original, creative, inspiring, colourful and showcase a celebration of convocation.
Entries are subject to the approval of the Sponsor and must satisfy all the requirements set out above. Entries that do not satisfy the above requirements (or that are otherwise considered inappropriate in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor) will be void and ineligible for entry into the Contest. In the event an entrant has posted inappropriate content, he or she will be disqualified. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect to use, in whole or in part, any entry, including any Photo, entered into this Contest for its own future advertising and/or promotional activities, without notice or compensation. Each entrant warrants to the Released Parties (see rule 9) that the entry does not contravene or infringe on any copyright or other intellectual property and by submitting the entry will assign all copyright in favour of the Sponsor and waive all moral rights in the work.
5. PRIZES: There are 10 (ten) total prizes to be drawn. Each prize is one (1) CPA Earbuds, one (1) Bluetooth Speaker, and one (1) CPA Backpack for a total retail value of $51.25.
The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to substitute a prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value.
6. PRIZE DRAW: There will be a random prize draw (the “Draw”) held on June 21, 2023 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 10:00 AM (ET) at the Sponsor’s offices in Toronto, ON from among all eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. Odds of being selected depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Sponsor will attempt to contact the selected entrants by direct message within 48 hours of the Draw Date, to obtain contact information so that a Declaration and Release Form (described below) can be issued via email and the mathematical skill testing question can be administered to confirm that the selected entrants qualify for the prize(s). The Sponsor may require proof of identity or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) from an entrant. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the entrant by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If (a) the selected entrant fails to answer or correctly answer the question; (b) the selected entrant is determined to be under the age of majority or was under the age of majority at the time of his/her entry, or found to be ineligible for any other reason; (c) despite reasonable efforts, the selected entrant does not respond within two (2) business days of the first notification attempt, or (d) if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such selected entrant, then such selected entrant will be disqualified. An alternate selected entrant will be selected in a random draw from among all remaining eligible entries received. The Sponsor shall have no liability if any notification is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. The selected entrant must complete a Declaration and Release Form, which must be returned within the time period specified thereon along with any other documentation that Sponsor may require. Failure to timely return the completed document(s) or the return of the document(s) as undeliverable will cause the prize to be forfeited and, in such case, an alternate selected entrant may be randomly selected as provided above. In the event a winner is not determined after attempts have been made to contact three (3) additional entrants, the Sponsor may elect not to award the prize.
8. GENERAL: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest. In the event of any inconsistency between these Official Rules and other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to, the Contest post, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall govern.
9. GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE/FORCE MAJEURE: Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities and each of their respective council members, officers, directors, governors, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, affiliates, related entities, successors and assigns (the Promotion Entities collectively with such other entities and persons, the “Released Parties”) (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released and held harmless from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose, and disclaim any implied warranty. By entering the Contest, each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claim that may arise from an unauthorized party’s use of the entrant’s personal information or entry for any purpose. Each entrant further releases the Sponsor from any claim for royalties, damages or other relief and from any claims of authorship, copyright, moral rights or personality rights related to the entry or entries of the entrant or the use thereof. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system or wireless phone which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen entries, email or mail or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. No mechanically-reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated entries will be accepted. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Contest. If the Contest is terminated or suspended before the designated Contest Closing Date, notice thereof will be posted on the Sponsor social media account and the Sponsor will (if possible) select winner(s) in a random drawing or drawings from all eligible, non-suspect entries legitimately received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials or these Official Rules.
10. By entering and/or accepting a prize, each entrant consents to the use of his/her name, address (city or province), Instagram handle, Contest entry, comments, quotations, biographical material, photograph and likeness without further authorization, compensation, or notification, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to this Contest, except to the extent prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting a prize, entrants agree that the Contest shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and only an Ontario court of competent jurisdiction shall have jurisdiction and venue over controversies arising out of, or relating to, the Contest. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have.
11. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as due to tampering, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest.
12. Except where otherwise indicated, all intellectual property used by the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, including but not limited to official marks, trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial/territorial laws.