Beginning of Main Content
Ivey Academy and CPA Ontario - Leadership Development Pathways
Elevate: Ivey Leadership Program for CPAs
NOTE: This program is delivered virtually over eight weeks and includes 36 hours of learning. Expect highly interactive live sessions led by expert Ivey faculty, small peer learning groups, online simulations and self-paced learning journeys.
HOW YOU LEARN
This course is deeply experiential, grounded in case research and facilitated by expert faculty from Ivey Business School.
Ivey’s real-world case methodology isn’t about textbooks and lectures – it’s about learning by doing. You will identify specific, practical learning takeaways through deep discussion and simulations, then develop an implementation plan with feedback from other leaders.
Learning methods include:
- Asynchronous, self-paced learning that includes pre-recorded videos, readings and case studies
- Live, faculty-led sessions featuring expert Ivey faculty
- Discussion sessions with peers in private forums and guided self-reflection exercises
- Online simulations using realistic challenges where leaders can test action against immediate feedback in individual or team-based scenarios
- Opportunities to test leadership skills in online simulations, apply concepts in critical decision-making moments and navigate team dynamics – just like in real life
- Peer learning sessions to share experiences, exchange ideas and collaborate to solve challenges with fellow participants in virtual breakout groups during larger sessions
- Develop a clear strategy to tackle specific challenges back at work
- Learn practical approaches to communication and commitment-building
- Leverage talent by influencing group dynamics
- Drive better performance with a clear plan for change management
- Build extensive leadership skills while balancing a busy work-life schedule
- Work in concert with other leaders to find actionable advice for your organization
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This course is designed for CPAs who are in a new role, seeking a promotion (e.g. Mangers, Senior Managers, Directors) or looking to manage a department. They should possess a minimum of five years’ experience.
While not required, we often recommend that two leaders from one organization attend together to maximize learning outcomes. This helps to generate dialogue and maximize learning outcomes for your entire team, not just course participants.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
David Loree joined the Ivey Business School in July 2000. Prior to the move, he served as a core faculty member of the full-time MBA program in the Management Department at Texas A&M University. David holds an MBA from the University of Dallas and a Ph.D. in Organizations, Strategy, and International Management from the University of Texas. David has received the Ivey Teaching Innovation Award for innovative course design and curriculum. He currently teaches in the areas of leadership, management behaviour and change management for the core MBA and Executive MBA programs in Canada. David is also the Program Director of the Ivey Leadership Program – named by Financial Times as one of the world’s top 10 programs in general management and leadership. He has designed and delivered executive education programs for private clients such as KPMG, HSBC, Rogers Communications, Certified General Accountants Association and many more.
Develop a practical and successful negotiation approach that can be applied anywhere, anytime.
The Ivey Academy and CPA Ontario Leadership Development Pathways are a collaboration between CPA Ontario and The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School to deliver professional leadership development tailored for emerging and established CPAs alike.
Please visit our website for more information on this unique learning experience and how to earn a Certificate in Leadership.