CPA Ontario Women Inc. conference runs in Toronto Dec. 12. Margaret Trudeau headlines event for women in business and finance
Toronto (December 8, 2016) – The Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario is bringing together some of Canada’s top female business and finance leaders for its Women Inc. conference on December 12. This event is an exclusive professional development and networking opportunity for women in business to learn from an engaging collection of distinguished guest speakers as they define some of the challenges, obstacles and solutions that exist in today’s business environment.
Workshops and speakers include:
- Changing My Mind: Featuring Margaret Trudeau, a Canadian icon, celebrated both for her role in the public eye and as a respected mental-health issues advocate.
- LEAP START!™ for the Engaged Woman Leader: Gayle Hallgren Rezac and Judy Thomson, CPA, CA, co-authors of Work The Pond, talk about the art of networking.
- Podium Partnership: The Art & Science of Connected Work Relationships: Olympian Claire Carver-Dias, the Founder and CEO of Clearday and her coach Sheilagh Croxon discuss how they achieved Olympic-medal success and how their strategies can be applied in the workplace.
- Rolling with the Punches: Entrepreneur Nandini Jolly, Founder, President and CEO of CryptoMill Technologies Inc. and an enthusiastic kick boxer details how she took the skills she learned in the ring to take on hackers and cyber-attacks.
- Leading with Passion and Purpose: Executive coach Kathleen Grace of Grace Consulting Services delivers a strong session on connecting with your personal sense of purpose to do a better job of connecting with people, projects and communities in authentic and powerful ways.
- What: Women Inc., CPA Ontario’s professional development and networking event for women in business
- When: Monday, December 12, 2016 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Ms. Trudeau speaks 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.)
- Where: The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, 181 Wellington St. W., Toronto
Media registration and interviews with speakers and/or photographs are available on request.
About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 87,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the profession and to become a CPA in Ontario, visit cpaontario.ca.
For more information, please contact:
Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
416-969-4271 or 1-800-387-0735, ext. 4271