Communication and Leadership Presence for CPAs
Learn how to cultivate your leadership presence by identifying and bringing your best self forward. Hone your communication skills, receive coaching from top-rated Ivey faculty and practise with a peer network of other leaders.
The Ivey Academy and CPA Ontario Certificate in Leadership is a collaboration between CPA Ontario and The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School to deliver professional leadership development tailored for emerging and established CPAs alike.
Learn more about this unique learning experience and how to earn a Certificate in Leadership.
Each completed course awards a digital badge to signify your accomplishment. You can share these badges across social media, websites, ePortfolios, professional networks and email signatures to highlight your enhanced skill set and expertise.
After completing three courses of your choice, you will receive a Certificate in Leadership. This powerful credential signifies your diverse leadership skill set and ability to manage through disruption.
Note: This course is delivered virtually over four weeks and includes 32 hours of learning. Expect highly interactive live sessions led by expert Ivey faculty, small peer learning groups, executive coaching, online simulations and learning journeys within the course.
Successful leaders know how to have an impact. Great leaders know how to inspire. The Ivey Communication and Leadership Presence for CPAs course takes your leadership presence from good to great through the power of authentic communication.
This transformative course is designed for leaders who are ready to move beyond traditional approaches to communication. Through a deeply personal process that links leading-edge research, neuroscience and sociology with guided self-reflection, you will learn how to cultivate your leadership presence by identifying and bringing your best self forward.
Throughout the course you will practise your communication skills, receive coaching from top-rated Ivey faculty and build a global network of peers to provide support when you need it most. Return to work with the confidence to navigate tough situations, master difficult conversations and communicate your vision as a leader who inspires from a place of self-awareness and other-awareness.
|Your best self|
|Leadership communication competencies|
|Communicate in context|
How you learn
This course is deeply experiential, grounded in case research and facilitated by expert faculty from Ivey Business School.
Ivey’s real-world case methodology isn’t about textbooks and lectures – it’s about learning by doing. You will identify specific, practical learning takeaways through deep discussion and simulations, then develop an implementation plan with feedback from other leaders.
Learning methods include:
- self-paced learning activities including pre-recorded videos, readings, case studies, private forums and self-reflection exercises
- live, faculty-led sessions featuring expert Ivey faculty
- discussion sessions with peers in private forums and guided self-reflection exercises
- online simulations using realistic challenges where leaders can test action against immediate feedback in individual or team-based scenarios
- opportunities to test leadership skills in online simulations, apply concepts in critical decision-making moments and navigate team dynamics – just like in real life
- peer learning sessions to share experiences, exchange ideas and collaborate to solve challenges in virtual breakout groups during larger sessions
- Gain a deeper understanding of your best self.
- Master the art and science of authentic communication in any context.
- Strengthen your ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Hone your capacity to navigate difficult conversations with confidence.
- Grow leadership presence and return to work as a leader who inspires.
Who will benefit?
This course is suitable for emerging CPAs or experienced executive leaders looking to master authentic communication skills and develop their leadership presence to enhance performance and influence in any situation. Whether they are Managers, VPs or Executive Directors, participants should have at least five years of business experience.
While not required, we often recommend that two leaders from one organization attend together to maximize learning outcomes and generate dialogue for your entire team, not just course participants.