Board of Ambassadors
What is The Board of Ambassadors?
The Board of Ambassadors (BoA) is comprised of top business students from over 20 university and college campuses across Ontario and acts as an advisory and advocacy group for the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) profession. The BoA also functions as a student council for CPA Ontario’s Post-Secondary Ambassador Program (PSAP), and as a professional development program for tomorrow’s business leaders.
Who Can Become a BoA Representative?
Practice your leadership skills as you pave your way to the top. The BoA rep position is a high-profile role that requires professionalism, leadership and initiative. That's why it's important to have the following:
- Membership in the PSAP.
- A minimum 70% grade average.
- An application package including:
- An essay telling us why you want to be a BoA Rep including your qualifications and interest.
- Letters of reference from faculty, previous employer or other individual who acted in a supervisory or managerial role to your position.
- Please note that letters of reference from a fellow student will not be accepted.
What Do BoA Representatives Do?
- Commitment of minimum 20 hours per month.
- Attend CPA Ontario meetings.
- Promote the PSAP on campus.
- Promote and recruit students for CPA Ontario events and initiatives (Chartered for Finance, MAP to Success, Employment Connections and more).
- Promote and participate in CPA-related conferences on campus.
- Promote the CPA designation through on campus initiatives.