Beginning of Main Content
CA Legacy and Transitional Student FAQs
Find answers to commonly asked questions
What are the conditions for the dual designation?
- Registered as a student prior to September 1, 2015.
- Maintain status as a student (paying ASF).
- Meet the degree conferral deadline of June 30, 2020 and practical experience deadline of June 30, 2020.
Is there any flexibility on the deadlines noted above?
The deadlines are firm to ensure equity for all students. It should be noted that iSkills will no longer be available after September 1, 2018.
Are there any other deregistration deadlines that I need to be aware of?
Yes, refer to Regulation 6-1 Section 13.
If I am deregistered, where do I come back into the program?
The impact of deregistration includes:
- loss of any CPA Ontario student rights and privileges
- loss of any transitional provisions or special considerations that may have been awarded
- loss of any credits or courses earned in the CPA Program prior to being deregistered. Returning students are required to satisfy the requirements in effect at time of registration, including the CPA Harmonized Education Policies
- loss of practical experience earned prior to being deregistered. Returning students may be eligible for a maximum of 12 months of practical experience before registering provided such experience meets the requirements of the CPA PER in effect at the time of reregistration
- should a deregistered student wish to reregister, they will be treated as a new student and require a transcript assessment and payment of applicable fees.
If I want to start gaining my experience via Experience Verification, what do I need to do?
Transition to 6-1 by signing and returning a declaration form. Note this is not reversible.
I am a transitional CA student what designation would I earn?
Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)