CPA Ontario Showcase Video Competition
1. To enterThe Student Competition you must 1) visit CPA Ontario’s website; and 2) submit the YouTube URL to your video by following the instructions found there. When submitting your video, you must:
- include your name, CPA Ontario ID (HAP #), phone number, e-mail address, your teacher’s name, and contact information for your teacher; and
- you must address the Student Competition theme: “How are businesses doing good for the world?” (the “Theme”).
For the Student Competition there is a limit of one entry per eligible individual. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once, all your entries will be void. No purchase necessary.
For the Teacher Draw your name and contact information must be provided on one or more eligible entries in the Student Competition.
2. Competition period
The Competitions start at 9:00 a.m. on October 1, 2021 and close at 11:59PM on May 23, 2022 (“Competition Period”). All times are local to Toronto, Ontario.
3. EligibilityTo be eligible to win the Student Competition, you must be:
- a high school student (grades 9 to 12 inclusive) in the Province of Ontario;
- registered with CPA Ontario’s High School Ambassador Program; and
- have a YouTube account.
To be eligible to win the Teacher Draw, you must be a high school teacher (grades 9 to 12 inclusive) in the Province of Ontario.
Employees and council members of CPA Ontario, and employees of the agents or representatives of CPA Ontario, and the parents, siblings, children, and persons domiciled with any of them, are ineligible to enter.
If you are under the age of eighteen years, CPA Ontario reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to contact your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) for the purpose of verifying their agreement on your behalf to the terms and conditions outlined in these official Rules.
4. PrizesFor the Student Competition, three (3) cash prizes will be awarded, one to each of the first, second and third place winners as follows:
- First Prize: $1,000 to the student, a $50 e-gift card to the student’s teacher, and a class plaque;
- Second Prize: $500; and
- Third Prize: $250.
For the Teacher Draw the prize will be one (1) $100 e-gift card, drawn from the names of teachers submitted with the eligible entries.
A prize must be accepted as awarded. A prize may not be sold or transferred. If the prize is not awarded in cash, it is not convertible to cash. All amounts are in Canadian dollars.
For the Student Competition, the odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Competition Period. The Student Competition is skills-based. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Competition Period and the quality of those entries. The number of entrants is presently unknown.
The Teacher Draw will be random. Teacher’s names are put in the draw by having students in their class submit an entry. Each time a student in a teacher’s class enters the contest, the teacher’s name will be added in the draw, increasing the chances to win. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Competition Period. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Competition Period. The number of entrants is presently unknown.
5. Video requirementsTo be eligible for a prize in the Student Competition:
- a video must:
- be 60-90 seconds long;
- be posted to YouTube as an unlisted video; and
- address the Theme;
- The email submitting the video must:
- Include all required information as outlined in Section 1; and
- a link to the video; and
- You must also submit the following forms to [email protected] with your entry within the Competition Period:
- Copyright Letter; and
- Author Waiver.
CPA Ontario reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject and disqualify any entry deemed offensive and/or inappropriate (as determined in the sole discretion of CPA Ontario), or that does not meet any or all of the eligibility criteria listed in sections 1 or 5.
6. Determination of winners
Winners will be announced on June 3, 2022 by 5:00 p.m. (“Winners Announcement Date”).CPA Ontario will select three winners for the Student Competition from among all eligible entries received during the Competition Period and subsequently determine whether they have won the First Prize, Second Prize or Third Prize. CPA Ontario will select the winners based on the following criteria:
- demonstration of and adherence to the Theme;
- creativity; and
In the Teacher Draw, CPA Ontario will randomly draw a teacher’s name, from among all eligible entries received in the Student Competition during the Competition Period, to be the winner of the $100 e-gift card. Teacher’s names are put in the draw by having students in their class submit an eligible entry. Each time a teacher’s name submitted with an eligible entry in the Student Competition the teacher’s name will be added to the draw, increasing the teacher’s chances to win.
Winners of the Competitions will be contacted by phone or email on the Winners Announcement Date. Once the First Prize winner has been notified, the teacher included in the First Prize winner’s email submission will be contacted regarding the $50 e-gift card portion of the First Prize. Once the prize allocation has been determined by CPA Ontario, it will be announced on the Winners Announcement Date and may be posted on CPA Ontario’s website, and/or any of CPA Ontario’s social media pages.
Winners will have 5 business days from date of notification to accept the prize by replying via phone or email as directed by CPA Ontario in the notification. CPA Ontario is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winners. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted or fails to respond within the allotted time, CPA Ontario reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible entrant for that prize (and in the event that the subsequent selected entrant cannot be contacted or fails to respond, a further entrant will be selected), until a winner is determined, provided further that in the event a winner is not determined after attempts have been made to contact 3 further entrants, CPA Ontario may elect not to conduct any further redraws and not award such prize. In the event a potential winner does not comply with these Rules, CPA Ontario shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and select an alternate potential winner, and CPA Ontario shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
General rules8. By entering the Competitions, you agree to accept and abide by the Rules. All decisions of CPA Ontario with respect to any aspect of the Competitions, including without limitation, the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants. References in these Rules to an entrant under the age of eighteen years or to their obligations, undertakings and agreements, apply to and include their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), as applicable.
9. CPA Ontario may require proof of identity or eligibility (in a form acceptable to CPA Ontario) from an entrant. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the entrant by CPA Ontario, in its sole discretion.
10. All entries become property of CPA Ontario. By participating in the Competitions, you grant CPA Ontario a world-wide, royalty-free and exclusive right and license to use, display, reproduce, edit, modify, adapt and publish, in whole or in part, your entry.
11. You represent and warrant that there is no third-party copyrighted material in your entry, or that you have received all necessary permissions or licenses for any such third party copyrighted material. You irrevocably assign, transfer and set over unto CPA Ontario, all right, title and interest in all copyright and other intellectual property rights that exist in the entry.
12. By participating in the Competitions, you agree that CPA Ontario, and its employees, promotional or advertising agencies, agents and designees shall have the right and permission to use your name, city and province of residence, image, likeness, actions or statements in any medium (including social media) for educational, commercial, promotional or other purposes, without further authorization, compensation or notification.
13. CPA Ontario and the Competition are not affiliated with YouTube in any way. CPA Ontario assumes no responsibility for failure of YouTube’s website or service before or during the Competition Period.
14. CPA Ontario does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Any entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of CPA Ontario, in its sole discretion, one or both of the Competitions are not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of one or both of the Competitions are corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, CPA Ontario reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend one or both of the Competitions, and select winners from previously received eligible entries. CPA Ontario reserves the right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. CPA Ontario reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competitions or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Competitions website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competitions may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made CPA Ontario reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. CPA Ontario shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Competitions, including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, mobile device, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in the Competitions or from downloading any material from the Competitions website.
16. All intellectual property used in connection with the Competitions, including but not limited to official marks, trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by CPA Ontario. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Students shall only use the CPA Ontario logo in their video submission if they have contacted [email protected] and received the CPA Ontario logo directly from [email protected]. Students shall not edit the CPA Ontario Logo in any way.
17. By entering the Competitions, you forever release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless CPA Ontario and its council members, officers, employees, representatives, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, from and against any and all injuries, liabilities, losses, damages or costs of any kind arising in connection with your participation in the Competitions or your acceptance, use or misuse of a prize in connection with the Competitions.
18. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Competition-related materials, including but not limited to, the Competition entry form or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall govern.