High School Events
CPA Ontario is proud to support students and inspire them to exceed their goals. The No Limits conference provides senior high school students with the opportunity to expand their horizons by mixing and mingling with some of Ontario’s brightest business minds, the who’s who of the CPA world. Students are encouraged to ask questions, make contacts and discover where the CPA designation can take them.
To attend, students must be registered in the High School Ambassador Program (HAP) and be nominated by their teacher, who must be registered in the Teacher Colleague Program (TCP). Schools can submit the names of up to eight students in total. Space is limited so early registration is encouraged.
Stay tuned for details about the next No Limits conference!
CPA Ontario is proud to announce the winner and finalists for this year's competition:
WINNER: Cainnear McAllister
St. Mary Catholic Secondary School
CPAs CAN DO THAT
2nd PLACE: Kimberly Cruz
William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute
CPAs are the LEADERS
3rd PLACE: Emily Wang
John Fraser Secondary School
Leading the Way
Congratulations to all students who participated in this year’s Showcase Video Competition!
About CPA Showcase
CPA Showcase is a video competition open to High School Ambassadors across Ontario. Students create and post a video online based on a theme chosen by CPA Ontario. The theme for the 2017 competition is "Why the Chartered Professional Accountants are the Leaders of the Business World."
Students must be members of the High School Ambassador Program (HAP) to enter.
If you have questions about the rules and regulations, please email email@example.com.
Write to Ignite is an annual essay competition designed for graduating Ontario high school students with an interest in studying business at the post-secondary level. Students can win up to $500 in cash bursaries for their post-secondary education.
CPA Ontario is proud to announce the winners of the 2017 Write to Ignite competition!
These three high-school students impressed us all with their well-written essays on how the CPA designation helps you achieve success in the world of business.
Congratulations to these future CPAs and business leaders!
Mississauga Elementary School
Earl of March Secondary School
Markville Secondary School
About Write to Ignite
To qualify, a student must be a graduating full-time student attending high school in Ontario and entrants must be a member of the High School Ambassador Program (HAP).The essay must be a maximum 300 words and based on a theme chosen by CPA Ontario each year. Winning entries are evaluated based on:
- research demonstrated;
- clarity/language; and
- adherence to the theme.
Stay tuned for details about the 2018 Write to Ignite Competition!
High School Ambassador Program (HAP) Webinar Series
Enjoy an informative series of three webinars to help students make post-secondary decisions, develop their professional image and highlight how to connect with CPA on university/college campuses.
- For High school Ambassadors, Post-secondary Ambassadors and Teacher Colleagues. Join here.
- All webinars will take place from 4 to 5 p.m. on the following dates:
Love taking photos? Meet the CPA InstaChallenge! Connect with CPA Ontario each month by uploading a picture to Instagram based on the monthly hashtag.
Winners and Prizes:
- Upload a picture based on the guidelines and monthly hashtag for a chance to win a $50 Visa gift card.
- Winners will be notified within five business days after each monthly submission deadline.
- For Ontario high school students.
- Entrants must be a member of the High School Ambassador Program (HAP).
- All pictures must represent the unique hashtag and should be uploaded on Instagram by the provided deadline.
- The description of the picture should include the CPA Ontario Instagram account, @goCPAontario, and the hashtag provided.
- Get as many likes and views for your submission on Instagram and be creative.
- Do not use irrelevant/inappropriate content (keep it clean).
- The picture must be original with no copyright infringements.
For complete contest details, see Rules and Regulations.
Follow @goCPAontario today!