High School Events
No Limits Ottawa
Senior high school students get to spend the day with the who’s who of the CPA world. It’s a chance to meet, mix and mingle with some of Ontario’s brightest business minds. Ask questions, make contacts and discover where the CPA designation can take you.
- For grade 11 and 12 high school students
- Each school can submit the names of up to 8 students
- Educators must be a member of the Teacher Colleague Program to register students
- Students must register for the High School Ambassador Program (HAP) to attend No Limits
- $10 per student…space is limited – first come, first served!
- No Limits Ottawa is taking place on May 17, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
CPA Ontario is proud to winner and finalists for this year's competition:
WINNER: Cainnear McAllister
St. Mary Catholic Secondary School
CPAs CAN DO THAT
2nd PLACE: Kimberly Cruz
William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute
CPAs are the LEADERS
3rd PLACE: Emily Wang
John Fraser Secondary School
Leading the Way
Congratulations to all students who participated in this year’s Showcase Video Competition!
About CPA Showcase
CPA Showcase is a video competition open to High School Ambassadors across on Ontario. Students create and post a video online based on a theme chosen by CPA Ontario. The theme for the 2017 competition is "Why the Chartered Professional Accountants are the Leaders of the Business World."
Students must be members of the High School Ambassador Program (HAP) to enter.
If you have questions about the rules and regulations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduating high school this year? Win up to a $500 cash bursary for your post-secondary education with the Write to Ignite essay competition! Write to Ignite is designed for graduating Ontario high school students with an interest in studying business at the post-secondary level.
Winners and Prizes:
- First place: $500; Second place: $250; Third Place: $100.
- Submissions accepted between March 13 and 5 p.m. on May 15, 2017.
- Winners will be announced on May 25, 2017.
- To qualify, a student must be a graduating full-time student attending high school in Ontario and entrants must be a member of the High School Ambassador Program (HAP)
- Submit an essay (maximum 300 words) on how the CPA designation would help you achieve success in the world of business
- All entries must be attached (Word document) to an e-mail submitted to email@example.com. Please submit a Word document in the following format: "John.Smith_HAPID#.doc"
- Your submission must also include the following: Name of your high school, Name of your Business/Accounting Teacher, Contact phone number, High School Ambassador ID Number
- Winning entries must demonstrate knowledge of the skills, attributes and attitudes required for success as a CPA. Essays will be evaluated based on the following: Research demonstrated, Creativity, Clarity/language, Adherence to essay theme
High School Ambassador Program (HAP) Webinar Series
Enjoy an informative series of three webinars to help students make post-secondary decisions, develop their professional image and highlight how to connect with CPA on university/college campuses.
- For High school Ambassadors, Post-secondary Ambassadors and Teacher Colleagues. Join here
- All webinars will take place from 4p.m. - 5p.m. on the following dates:
Love taking photos? Meet the CPA InstaChallenge! Connect with CPA Ontario each month by uploading a picture to Instagram based on the monthly hashtag.
Winners and Prizes:
- Upload a picture based on the guidelines and monthly hashtag for a chance to win a $50 VISA gift card.
- Winners will be notified within five business days after each monthly submission deadline.
- For Ontario high school students.
- Entrants must be a member of the High School Ambassador Program (HAP).
- All pictures must represent the unique hashtag and should be uploaded on Instagram by the provided deadline.
- The description of the picture should include the CPA Ontario Instagram account @goCPAontario and the hashtag provided.
- Get as many likes and views for your submission on Instagram and be creative.
- Do not use irrelevant/inappropriate content (keep it clean).
- The picture must be original with no copyright infringements.
For complete contest details, see Rules and Regulations.
Follow @goCPAontario today!