Love taking photos? Meet the CPA InstaChallenge! Connect with CPA Ontario each month by uploading a picture to Instagram based on the monthly theme for a chance to win a $50 Visa gift card!
June Instagram Challenge
The June theme is “Squad Goals”
Teamwork is an asset to professionals in every industry everywhere, so CPA Ontario wants students to show us who's on their team?
- When – June 20, 2018 – June 27, 2018
- Who – You must be a High School Ambassador
- Where – Tag the @gocpaontario Instagram account with the #CPAInstaChallenge within the given time
- Award - $50 Visa Gift Card
Remember to keep your entries fun and creative!
- For all Ontario high school students.
- Entrants must be a member of the High School Ambassador Program (HAP).
- All pictures must represent the unique theme and should be uploaded on Instagram by the provided deadline.
- The description of the picture should include the CPA Ontario Instagram account, @goCPAontario and the hashtag #CPAInstaChallenge.
- Get as many likes and views for your submission on Instagram and be creative.
- Do not use irrelevant/inappropriate content (keep it clean).
- The picture must be original with no copyright infringements.
Winners will be notified within five business days after each monthly submission deadline. For complete contest details, see Rules and Regulations.
Write to Ignite Essay Competition
Write to Ignite is an annual essay competition designed for graduating Ontario high school students with an interest in studying business at the post-secondary level. Students can win up to $500 in cash bursaries for their post-secondary education.
Congratulations to our 2018 winners!
1st Place - Zenab Zahid
2nd Place - Erica Martinez
3rd Place - Gurmehak Turna
To qualify, a student must be attending high school in Ontario full time, graduating in 2018 and be a member of the High School Ambassador Program (HAP).The essay must be a maximum 300 words and based on a theme chosen by CPA Ontario each year. Winning entries are evaluated based on:
- Research demonstrated,
- Clarity/language, and
- Adherence to the theme.
This year’s theme for Write to Ignite is:
How would the CPA designation help you achieve success in the world of business?
Submissions are accepted between March 26 and May 14, 2018. Email submissions to email@example.com.
For complete contest details, see Rules and Regulations.
What is ShowCase?
ShowCase is a video competition designed for High School Ambassadors to demonstrate their talent by creating a short video and posting it on YouTube based on a theme provided by CPA Ontario. To enter the competition, you must be a registered High School Ambassador.
Congratulations to the 2018 winners!
Congratulations to grand prize winners Abigail Wilson and Christine Wen! They receive $1,000 and $500 for their high school business department! View their winning video CPA Showcase 2018 - IMPACT feat. Abbey & Christine
Best wishes to second place winners Betty Sum and Sanduli Alwis who receive $300. Check out their video CPA Showcase 2018 - You are the Future
Congratulations to Matthew Ng on his 3rd place finish, receiving $200. View his video CPA Showcase 2018 - You'll be saying CP-YAY!
What was this year’s ShowCase theme?
As a future CPA, how will you impact the world of business and your community?
Need some inspiration? Check out our team’s sample video!
1st Place Winner – CDN $1,000 +$500 for the winner’s high school business department
2nd Place Finalist – CDN $300
3rd Place Finalist – CDN $200
For complete contest details, see Rules and Regulations.
||January 15, 2018
||March 19, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
||March 26, 2018
|Video promotion deadline
||April 10, 2018
||April 20, 2018
*Must include all required documentation, e.g. copyright form.
- Must be a HAP member
- Must provide parental consent (if under 18)
- Video must be 1:30 minutes to 2:30 minutes in length
- Video must be posted on YouTube
- Email the video URL to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your HAP ID and any required forms
- Must include a copyright letter* with your submission
All participants must submit a copyright letter indicating that the video does not contain any third-party copyrighted material. If there are any third party copyrighted material, you must demonstrate that you have received license or permission from the copyright owner. Students under the age of 18 should get the copyright form signed by their parent or guardian. Copyright letter must be submitted by the submission deadline.
How do we choose the three finalists?
- Creativity and originality
- Relevance to theme
- Number of “likes” the video has on YouTube
- Number of “views” the video has on YouTube
- Use creative and original content
- Use our logo - contact us at email@example.com to get it.
- Feature our website - cpaontario.ca
- Use another company’s logos unless you have explicit consent
- Use website animated videos
Competition Rules and Regulations
Have any further questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 800 387.0735 ext 4804.
On May 17, No Limits is headed to KW! The No Limits lets students expand their horizons by networking with some of Ontario’s brightest CPA business minds. Check it out.
CPA Ontario partners with other organizations to reach out to students across Ontario. Feel free to check out what other opportunities these organizations offer for high school students and where else you can meet our recruitment team!
Junior Achievement (JA) is the world’s largest not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating young people about business. The JA Company Program empowers high school students to experience the risks and rewards of entrepreneurship by creating their own company. CPA Ontario is also proud to support their Student Management Training event!
DECA events connect youth to corporate professionals in our networks to engage students in learning industry-related trends and relevant content. You can find CPA Ontario at their Fall Symposium, Provincial Competitions and other events throughout the year!